Saturday, June 13, 2009

Solar Water Pump for MCM

Thanks Ed Conner and Sue Dawley for reminding me to update you on the status of the Solar Water Pump we brought with us. PRAISE GOD !! … after one box not arriving in Malawi from Johannesburg and the other 4 boxes being detained at Customs … Ken finally got ALL 5 boxes without having to pay any Duty … he has checked them all and there is NO damage … Thanks be to GOD !!

We plan to get the water tank hoisted onto the brick tower and the pump and solar panel installed and connected up during the mornings next week while the rest of the Team is painting the inside of the Main Hall of MCM.
~Kevin

9 comments:

  1. It was so good to talk with you this morning Dannah! It sounds like God is stretching all of you in new ways. The photos are stunning with bright colors and beautiful people. I would love to hear the songs in the villages! Glad that the water pump made it- Mr. Howard was asking. Tell Karen Chelsea is doing well and we will be praying for you- especially Miriam.
    dad and mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elizabeth - it was great to talk to you this morning. I'm glad to read that the pump made it safely to Africa. I did call Natali's family, but was only able to leave a message on their voice mail. I hope they were able to call her.

    We're all well. Rose has been admiring your taste in clothes and is currently wearing your green running shorts! Thankfully, your clothes are safe from John. Matt and Laura Tompkins stopped by earlier today with peanut butter and Hershey's kisses cookies, but I am afraid they'll likely be all gone before you return. Daddy and I went to lunch at an Indian restaurant and brought back 10 orders of naan, but that, too, will be all gone before you return as John is steadily inhaling it even as I write this. Tomorrow we travel to Modesto for Kenneth's confirmation and will miss you. On Wednesday, we'll have a small celebration for Rose's 19th birthday, since she'll be back at UCSB for her actual birthday, and Daddy leaves for NJ on Thursday so that he can collect you in Boston on the following Sunday. I have wrapped many gifts for Rose in ecologically-unsound boxes, so it's probably just as well that you don't see that! We love you, we miss you, and we are praying for a good second week and health for the whole team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Peaches (AKA Bannah, AKA Hannah B)! - It was so good to talk with you today. We're so thankful to have that opportunity (thanks, Kevin!) We're excited to hear how God is using each one of you.

    We got to babysit Chase Kellogg tonight. It was so fun, but Jillian made me promise not to be a baby hog!

    Now that the end is in sight, I will be counting the days until you return. Don't forget, you are in my prayers many times a day, hopefully right when you need it. I love you. Mama

    ReplyDelete
  4. Austin we are all missing you and looking forward to having you back. Especially me. I love seeing you in the pictures and I look forward to seeing all the pictures you've taken. We just had our last prayer meeting and you are all covered for the rest of the trip, including the flights home. I love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a GREAT blog--thanks Kevin for making it happen.

    Thanks to the kouris, Dad heard your voice, Natali :-) I was jealous only for 2 seconds, then remembered i get you all to myself for three days of French dining, piercing, wandering around and sidewalk cafes. can NOT wait. Glad to read that you were an ambassador for the tka group. did u use any chichewa??? i have a million hugs from Dianne Teyze John Amca, Sarah, Deb, Tom and John--i saw them Friday when down in L.A. SOO cool. They come here on Thursday after your abi's 21st b'day. Any pref who sleeps in your bed :-P biliyorsun ki seni cok ozluyorum ve seviyorum. optum...bol bol. xoxoannexoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KARI! Hopefully you get this message in the morning so that you can have a wonderful birthday all day long. Mom is going to try to call in about an hour, so hopefully she catches you. Anyway, we love you so very much and hope that you have a great day doing very special things.

    Kisses, hugs, and lots of birthday love!
    Mom, Seeser, Nat, and Max

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPYYYYY BIRTHDAYYYYY MISS DOYYYYYLE! :) :) :)

    I just got home from the DL meeting and we missed you there! Thanks for encouraging J. to volunteer me for Secretary next year. :-P I miss you lots and can't wait to see you when you get back. (And let me know if I get to be the lucky airport pickup person!)

    Hope you are flooded with many blessings throughout this very special birthday!

    Love, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Elizabeth - We hope that you're well. The next chance for parents to call is Wed am our time from 9:00 - 10:00, but I may not get through to you because I have a meeting, so please don't be disappointed if we don't talk. But I will see you on Saturday! We're all well here. I made pozole last night, but I held Daddy back with a stick to prevent him from eating it all and I have frozen some for you. Remember that just before you left for Africa, you couldn't see your entire bedroom floor because it was covered with things? Well, Rose is home, and the floor looks like that again! I am hopeful all the things move back to UCSB on Sunday when she heads back to school, because my goal is to remember what color carpet we have. John just started his math class. After agonizing over the St. Francis dress code, and combing eBay looking for "uniform shorts" big enough to fit a grown man and not just elementary school kids, we discovered that the dress code doesn't apply during the summer session. Tomorrow night E&K are coming over and we'll have a small celebration for Rose's birthday, then on Thursday Daddy heads to NJ so that he can be in position in Boston on Sunday. I'll need you to handcarry his Father's Day card with you in your East Coast luggage.

    We love you, we miss you, and we continually pray for you. We are confident that God is using you in Malawi.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Rob,
    We are back safe and sound from visiting your sis in Tucson. We are praying for energy, skill and protection as you install the water pump and paint inside at the Malawi Children's Mission! We can't wait to see you Saturday and hear your stories! It was great to hear your voice last Saturday morning on the phone--thanks, Kevin!
    Love,
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete